In August we are asking everyone to be part of a Go Group at C3. A Go Group is a group of 8-20 people who pray together, study the Bible together, and serve in the community together. You can see our Go Groups at www.c3suffolk.life. Here area few more reasons why you need to be part of a group. Romans 12:5 says, “We belong to each other and each of us needs all the others.”
- I need others to walk with me. Hebrews 10:25 it says, “Let us not give up the habit of meeting together, instead let us encourage each other.” You can’t make it in your spiritual life without the encouragement of others.
- I need others to work with me. Ephesians 2:10, “God made us to do good works, which he planned in advance to live our lives doing.” Notice the scripture does not say God made you to do good works. The Bible says God made us.
- I need others to watch out for me. We need people in our life who will defend, support, protect, and stand up to each other. Philippians 2:4 teaches, “Look out for one another’s interests, not just for your own.”
- I need others to wait and weep with me. You need people to be with you when you go through a crisis in your life. 1 Corinthians 12:26, “If one member suffers, all suffer together.”
- I need others to witness with me. Telling others about Jesus was never meant to be like the lone door to door salesmen trying to convince people to buy his message. Evangelism is meant to be done together. Jesus said in John 13, “Your love for one another will prove to the world you are my disciples” John 13:34-35. Philippians 1:27 teaches, “You’re working together and struggling side by side to get others to believe the good news.”