In yesterday’s message, it was noted we need to study our Bible so we can know the truth. This is true, and once convicted of this truth, then you can be open to its teachings about truth. The Bible teaches there are 5 ways to recognize God’s truth.
- Through Creation: The Bible says in Romans 1:19: “The basic reality of God is plain enough. Open your eyes and there it is.”
- Through Conscience: The Bible says this in Romans 2: “Some people naturally obey God’s commands even though they don’t have the law. This proves that the conscious is like a law written in the human heart…”
- Through Consideration: The Bible says, “Blessed is the one… whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night” (Psalm 1:1-2).
- Through God’s commandments: 2 Timothy 3:16 says: “All scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what’s true and make us realize what’s wrong in our lives. It straightens us out. It teaches us to do what’s right.”
- Through Christ: The Bible says that Jesus was full of grace and truth. John 1:14. Truth is not a principle. Truth is a person. Truth is relational. Truth is Jesus Christ.