Here are the top ten quotes form this past Sunday’s message.
- Today, our tombstones have phrases that talk our time on earth. Ancient Christian’s tombstones talked about their future in heaven.
- When you get to heaven you will know immediately: God is holy.
- “No man knows how bad he is until he tries to do good.” C.S. Lewis
- The angels of heaven, the demons of hell, and Jesus’ followers all recognized Jesus as the Holy One.
- The anthem of heaven is “Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God almighty. Who was, and is, and is to come.”
- In Jewish tradition to say something twice meant it was important. If you said something three times in a row it means you cannot forget what is being stated. The only descriptor of God used three times in a row is holy, holy, holy.
- “Just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.” 1 Peter 1:15
- Holiness means you reject and you perfect. You reject every kind of evil. You perfect the holiness of God by working out your salvation.
- We obsess so much over the things of this earth, like worrying about how many friends we have on Facebook instead of how many friends we have in heaven. We build up treasure on earth instead of building our treasure in heaven, as Jesus told us to do.
- God said be holy for I am holy, not be happy because I am happy.