Outline for Feb. 14th Message- Kirk
- What a great day / today overlooked prayer / weak <>
- Ending service differently / “Going to like it”
- Out / not up here, stage > heart, hearts on display, concerned about humanity and the cause of Christ
- 21 Day Challenge a Blessing
- Why do you pray?
- Overlooked part of prayer > contributes to weakness <>
- Purpose of 21 Days was not to get God to do something for us <>
- The purpose was to prepare our hearts and wills for God to do something through us.
- Faith without deeds is dead.
- My hope and vision for us in 2016 is to be a church family lets God work mightily through us.
- Why do you pray?
- Most prayers fall into four categories: Comfort, Guidance, Strength, Healing <>
- Nothing wrong <>
- But what would your prayer life look like without these four categories?
- Familiar scripture if you have been a Christian awhile, but we miss the obvious point.
- Ephesians 6:10-20
- Background (Location, Acts)
- He closes the letter to this little church about prayer, and makes an obvious point.
- Read Ephesians 6:10-20
- 10-17: Spiritual Warfare; 18: Church family; 19: for Paul
- What is the obvious lesson? When…
- When do you put on the armor? Before the battle <time to dress>
- When do we pray for each other “with this in mind”
- When do we pray for fearlessness to share Jesus? B4 you have the opportunity. <>
- What’s overlooked: Prayer as preparation. <>
- Takeaway: Prepare in prayer so you can stand to power.
- The secret to a great Xian life is the prayer before the moment.
- Grows faith through catalytic moments (Bible examples) < APP: stage of life, crisis>
- Are you prepared for those moments?
- ILL: RtB campaign- Will we have prepared ourselves in prayer to act on faith?
- Are we ready to be Kingdom workers and not just community volunteers?
- Life Application
- Single- Is he/she the one?
- Future- Graduating from High School
- Giving to God- <>
- Marriage- are you equipping your marriage with the armor of God for when Satan sends in his darts to destroy it?
- What area of your life do you need to prepare in prayer?
- When you choose to prepare in prayer you receive a whole chunk of benefits from God: more buy-in into God’s power instead of yours; you gain a Godly perspective on your circumstance; you increase your influence for Godliness in your world; you grow your trust in God; you are not blindsided by the devil’s schemes.
- Prepare by prayer to stand in power.
- Ending service with prayer today.
- Prepare by prayer to stand to power.
- Take a stand against the devil’s schemes.
- Pray in the Spirit will all kinds of requests.
- Pray for C3 and fellow Christians
- Pray you will share Jesus fearlessly