This message was given by Paul Vaughan.
Share Your Story
- Sharing your story of faith involves words, your words!
- Often, we get intimidated putting words onto our faith story.
Text for Today: I Corinthians 2:1-2
- Paul was a brilliant scholar, but chose not to use it and preached Christ.
- “I preach noting but Christ crucified.” – Paul
How to Tell Your Story
- Earn the right to be heard by sincerely listening.
- We may not all be evangelists, but we all can be a friend.
- ILL: Google Search result: Why are Christians so mean?
- Stress the Love of God: Luke 4:18-19, IS 61:2
- Transparency is critical.
- When Jesus quoted Isaiah 61 in Luke he left part about God’s vengeance out.
- Present the Person of Jesus, 1 Corinthians 2:3-4
- Keep it Simple
- Acts 9:22, We will have opportunities to present out arguments for our faith.
- It is hard to argue with your personal story.
- Use your own story. The more your story overlaps with Jesus’ story the more relevance your faith will have.
Conclusion: Can you tell your story in 3-5 minutes?