Message outline from Sunday, October 25, 2015
- Good morning / big series
- Door- entryway
- Home, bedroom, doors of opportunity
- Bible > Door = great spiritual opportunity
- “I stand at the door and knock.” Revelation 3:20
- Paul- God opened a door to talk to others about Jesus. <Focus>
- Problem: Church is not with open doors, but closed doors.
- We are the body of Jesus (literally)
- If Jesus stands at the door and knocks (meaning he left his house) should we not do the same?
- If we are the body of Jesus then why are we not doing what Jesus is doing?
- How do we get this from our head to the heart? <>
- From something we need to do to something we gotta do?
- Not out of guilt but out of God’s love in our heart?
- The Principle of the Sparrow: You value others by adding God’s value to them.
- Sparrow seen as the bird of least value.
- Jesus said, “Are not five sparrows worth two pennies?” Luke 12:6
- Common, cheap, not worth your time
- APP: Who do you see as insignificant? (I know you think- no one!)
- For too many churches the insignificant are people who do not go to church.
- So churches exist to support what they like rather than minister to the community.
- Unless it is someone we know.
- We think, talk, pray about each other.
- ILL: King’s Landing >> related to our vision.
- Jesus followed up his question: “Yet not one of them is not forgotten by God.” Luke 12:6
- The people we forget about, don’t think about, God has not forgotten anyone.
- You can tell how much you value something by how much you are willing to give up to gain it.
- God gave up his son for everyone.
- Therefore: God made his church for everyone. !!! <>
- APP: Principle of the Sparrow.
- Take everyone you see <>, and add God’s value to them. <>
- “Everyone matters to God whether God matters to them or not.” – Andy Stanley
- Church is not for church people. Church is a place for Christ followers to act like Jesus.
- Review sparrow.
- The next few weeks: Listen, Your story, God’s story.
- Principle of the Sparrow to start.
- APP: Look at people through the Gospel.
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-8
- He died, he was buried, He rose, he appeared, he lives.
- The card
Prayer / Time of Commitment