Saving and Investing
We give when we are committed to the cause. For example, the billion dollar Dallas Cowboys stadium or the 3 million dollar facility for LSU’s tiger mascot. The church has something far greater to invest in- people’s eternity. So, yes the church wants your money because our cause is greater and eternal.
The church also wants you to invest in people’s lives. 2 goals for today. One, to sign up fora Go Group. Secondly, to commit or recommit your life to Jesus Christ.
4 Ways Go Groups help you invest in people’s lives.
- Go Groups give you a place to belong.
- Go Groups help sharpen you.
- Proverbs 27:17
- You need friends who believe in you more than you believe in yourself.
- Go Groups help you heal. James 5:16
- Brings sin into the light.
- It gives you accountability. In terms of accountability we have the responsibility to go to the person we are accountable to, not the other way around.
- There is someone praying for you.
- Go Groups will help comfort you.
- Romans 12:15
- You cannot do this verse of scripture unless you are in relationships.
Conclusion: What cause are you invested in?