You may or may not have heard about the controversy surorunding Brett Favre, the insanely popular quaterback for the NFL’s Minnesota’s Vikings. He is making headlines off the field lately for allegedly sending racy texts and photos to a female staff member of the New York Jets while he played there a few years ago. Of course, this brings up serious issues of sexual harassment, proper behavior in the workplace, and of course, adultrey. Brett Favre is a married man. He once shaved his head bald to be in solidarity with his wife while she had cancer.
I don’t know if the texts and pictures really happened. It’s just gossip really. But as I was hearing about it on the news I thought about some “Bible Texts” for Brett Favre’s texts. Here are five that I thought of:
- For the lips of an immoral woman are as sweet as honey, and her mouth is smoother than oil. But in the end she is as bitter as poison, as dangerous as a double-edged sword. Her feet go down to death; her steps lead straight to the grave. For she cares nothing about the path to life. She staggers down a crooked trail and doesn’t realize it. Proverbs 5:3-6 (NLT)
- Run from sexual sin! No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body. 1 Corinthians 6:18 (NLT)
- Husbands, love your wives. Ephesians 6:25 (NIV)
- Repent of your wickedness and pray to the Lord. Perhaps he will forgive your evil thoughts. Acts 8:22 (NLT)
- For the grace of God has been revealed, bringing salvation to all people. Titus 2:11 (NLT)
What “Bible text” would you “electronically text” to Mr. Favre?